- Based in Adelaide, South Australia
- Multiple opportunities for NAATI accredited Auslan Interpreters
- Part time, Full time and Casual opportunities available
- Dynamic work environment
- Generous salary packaging options
The Can:Do Group is the umbrella organisation that encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society. The Group also incorporates businesses whose profits directly contribute to Can:Do 4Kids and Deaf Can:Do services. These include an audiology clinic, Can:Do Hearing and Townsend House Retirement Living.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing and vision impairments in South Australia, and each year we touch the lives of over 20,000 people.
Can:Do Group is seeking dynamic trained Sign Language Interpreters to evolve and strengthen our vital service delivery to Deaf and Hard of Hearing South Australians. Some relocation assistance may be provided.
This position will play an integral role in assisting the Deaf Community of South Australia.
The successful candidate will have a ‘Can:Do’ attitude:
- With NAATI accreditation in Auslan/English interpreting or able to qualify for accreditation in a short timeframe.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all assignments including information that is conveyed verbally, in Auslan, and written forms.
- Promote a positive reputation for Can:Do Group and its services.
- Sound knowledge of ASLIA Professional Code of Ethics, and recognised interpreting principles and practice.
The qualities we are looking for include:
- Ability to be self-directed and work under pressure,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills,
- A commitment to working collaboratively with other human services and other agencies.
- Out of hours work will be required
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Child Related Employment Screening (DCSI)
Total remuneration package:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you may be able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000 per annum.
Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire and additional superannuation contributions.
Other benefits include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas (excludes casual employees).
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide flexible working conditions where possible.
If you are a highly organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys using your advanced Auslan skills in a fast paced environment then we would like to hear from you.
To find out more about Can:Do Group and their services please go to:- http://www.candogroup.com.au/
APPLICATIONS CLOSE - 5pm – Friday, 1st July, 2016