Why Join Can:Do 4Kids?
- Work from our state-of-the-art, purpose built facility that offers lego room, robotics, virtual reality, rock-climbing wall, movement zone and full independent living skills kitchen and laundry
- Career progression and professional development opportunities, including the opportunity to specialise in one of the many service focus areas including ASD, Meal time Management/ Feeding , O&M and ATS
- Reimbursement for professional memberships
- Flexible working arrangements, including part time, compressed working week, and work from home
- Realistic and achievable KPIs (billable hours)
- Full administrative support to assist with client scheduling
- Competitive remuneration with access to generous NFP salary packaging (Up to $15,900 + entertainment card
- Access to work fleet vehicle, laptop, ipad & mobile phone
- Strong multidisciplinary team culture
- Comprehensive supervision and management support
- Two days special paid Christmas leave
About the Position:
Our Occupational Therapists work as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team that supports a family-centred practice model, supporting each child to develop the skills needed so that they can engage meaningfully in home, school, and community life.
- Working in a mix of clinical and community settings to maximise the outcomes for each child and family
- Work with families to plan and implement assessments that support individual goals (Functional Assessments, Assistive Technology Assessments etc.)
- Act as a mentor/supervisor to our team of Occupational Therapists, including our recent Graduates
Your passion and drive for family centred practice, building family capacity and working towards functional goals, alongside your commitment to professional development and growth will be the foundation to your success in this role.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Active practising status with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated experience in the private or public sector
- Experience in the provision of Occupational Therapy services with early intervention and/or youth aged clients, working with children and young people across a range of diagnoses
- Demonstrated experience in clinical supervision and mentoring of occupational therapists
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating under-graduate placements
- Demonstrated clinical experience, or interest in developing skills in Assistive Technology, ASD, Mealtime Management/Feeding or Orientation & Mobility
Please see the attached Job Descriptions for more information.
At Can:Do (Deaf Can:Do & Can:Do 4Kids) we strive together to build inclusive communities and give people the skills to live a life without limits. Be it through speech or sign, touch or technology, we will support every person who is Deaf, blind, hard of hearing, has low vision or other sensory needs to be the best they can be.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist sensory services in South Australia.
Caring | Connected | Courageous | Conscientious
Salary is above Award rates and is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to the base salary, you can access generous salary packaging options that may significantly increase your take-home pay.
People from diverse backgrounds and/or with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to discuss the opportunity in further detail, please feel free to contact Abbey Carter, HR Business Partner on [email protected]
For more information on our services please visit www.candogroup.com.au