- Utilise your Auslan and teaching skills
- Dynamic work environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Supportive team environment
Can:Do Group is the umbrella organisation that encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society, as well as Can:Do Hearing, an audiology business whose profits directly contribute to our services in the community.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing, vision and sensory impairments in South Australia - and each year we touch the lives of over 20,000 people.
Can:Do Group is seeking an Auslan Instructor who will:
- Support Deaf Can:Do’s strategic business growth by meeting NDIS demands for high level language learning opportunities.
- Deliver quality Auslan learning and training opportunities to a wide range of people.
- Contribute to the planning and development of program objectives and outcomes including resource development that will enhance and promote the strategic priority of the service.
This position will play an integral role in assisting the Deaf Community of South Australia.
The successful candidate will have a ‘Can:Do’ attitude with qualities that include:
- Experience in Auslan teaching;
- Ability to be self-directed and work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills;
- Be fluent in Auslan & have skills in non-conventional Auslan;
- Must maintain a high level of computer literacy.
- Out of hours work will be required
- Current driver's licence (essential)
- Child Related Employment Screening (DCSI)
Total remuneration package:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you may be able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000 per annum.
Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire and additional superannuation contributions.
Other benefits may include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas (excludes casual employees).
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide flexible working conditions where possible.
If you are a highly organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys using your advanced Auslan skills in a fast paced environment and who is ready to utilise your teaching skills, that is, equivalent of or above certificate 4 in Training and Assessment then we would like to hear from you.
To find out more about Can:Do Group and their services please go to:- http://www.candogroup.com.au/
APPLICATIONS CLOSE - 5pm – Monday, 8th January, 2018