- Family-friendly employer
- Supportive team environment
- Attractive salary packaging options
Can:Do Group encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society. The Group also incorporates an Audiology business, Can:Do Hearing whose profits directly contribute to Can:Do 4Kids and Deaf Can:Do services.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing and vision impairments in South Australia.
We are currently seeking Occupational Therapists with the following attributes:
Experience in the following areas:
- Working within early intervention and youth aged clients (at least 2 years' experience);
- Assistive technology and equipment assessment, prescription and ongoing support;
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Understanding of best practice principles when working with children with disability and their families;
- Working within the NDIS landscape.
- Able to provide evidence of ongoing professional development by keeping abreast of current literature and research and attending relevant conferences and/or workshops;
- Knowledge of blindness/visual impairments and deafness/hearing impairments;
- National and State Disability Services Act, Disability Discrimination Act, and any other relevant legislation and its implications for service provision;
- Some Auslan skills would be desirable but not essential.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy and registration with AHPRA;
- Must be prepared to work flexibly across programs should the need arise;
- Must be willing to work out of hours including on call, evenings & weekends as required;
- Current South Australian Drivers License required;
- Access to own vehicle with appropriate insurance when CanDo4Kids vehicles are not available;
- Must hold current DCSI Screening Unit check for the following: Working with Children;
- Must be prepared to undertake any compulsory training;
- Must have an up to date Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) certificate.
The positions will be based at our Welland location but may also be required to work from our other locations.
Total remuneration package:-
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you are able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary plus further packaging options including meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire. Other benefits include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide flexible working conditions where possible.
If you are a highly organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with children and young adults and their families to promote independence and skill development, then we would like to hear from you. FTE for these roles will be negotiated at interview. Experienced/registered candidates will be preferred however we will also consider new graduates, with the right attributes.
At Can:Do we strive together to build inclusive communities and give people the skills to live a life without limits.
Be it through speech or sign, touch or technology, we will support every person who is Deaf, blind, hard of hearing, has low vision or other sensory needs to be the best they can be.
Applications close 15th November 2019.
For more information on our services please visit www.candogroup.com.au