- Family-friendly employer
- Supportive team environment
- Attractive salary packaging options
Can:Do Group encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society. The Group also incorporates an Audiology business, Can:Do Hearing whose profits directly contribute to Can:Do 4Kids and Deaf Can:Do services.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing and vision impairments in South Australia.
We are currently seeking Listening and Spoken Language Specialists - Certified Teachers Of the Deaf (LSLS TOD) to join a multi-disciplinary clinical team that supports a family-centred practice model. The LSLS TOD will also work cooperatively with appropriate external service providers in order to maximise the outcomes for each child and family in the Early Intervention and/or School Support Program.
This position provides educational and emotional support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing in mainstream education settings. It provides both direct services to students, support for their families and consulting services to their teachers.
LSLS TOD’s will be engaged in three key activities to support students who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- Providing listening, language and speech - Teacher of the Deaf instruction to R-2 students with hearing loss in a one-to-one capacity.
- Providing instruction in social competency to students in years R to 12 who are deaf or hard of hearing in a small group capacity.
- Providing literacy and numeracy Teacher of the Deaf support to Y3-Y6 students with hearing loss in a small group capacity during school holidays.
Looking for candidates with Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience in the following areas:
- Current South Australian Teacher’s registration.
- Completion of the Masters of Special Education (Specialization deaf and hard of hearing) or the willingness to complete this study.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, and/or practical and theoretical understanding and appreciation of the Listening and Spoken Language approach.
- Experience working within an environment which includes family centred practice, building family capacity and working towards functional goals.
- Some experience in the development and integration of a new service is desirable but not essential.
- Must be prepared to work flexibly across programs should the need arise.
- Must be willing to work out of hours including on call, evenings & weekends as required.
- A current South Australian Drivers License is required.
- Must be prepared to undertake any tertiary and/or compulsory training.
- Access to own vehicle with appropriate insurance when CanDo4Kids vehicles are not available.
- Must hold a satisfactory and current Child related DCSI Screening Unit check.
- Must have an up to date Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) certificate
The positions will be based at our Melbourne St, North Adelaide office but may also be required to work from our other locations.
Total remuneration package:-
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you are able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000 per annum. Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire and additional superannuation contributions.
Other benefits include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide flexible working conditions where possible.
If you are a highly organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with children and young adults and their families to promote independence and skill development, then we would like to hear from you. FTE for these roles will be negotiated at interview. A position description is attached.
Applications close 12th August 2019
For more information on our services please visit www.candogroup.com.au