- Family-friendly employer
- Supportive team environment
- Attractive salary packaging options
Can:Do Group encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society. The Group also incorporates an Audiology business, Can:Do Hearing whose profits directly contribute to Can:Do 4Kids and Deaf Can:Do services.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing and vision impairments in South Australia.
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven Team Leader to direct and support our growing Interpreting Services Team. This position will be based at our Welland location but may also be required to work from our other locations.
The right candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate:
Experience in the following areas:
- Management of services/service provision for Deaf and hard of hearing people;
- Development and maintenance of strong internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Evaluating client needs and making appropriate recommendations;
- Encouraging cross-unit cooperation and integration;
- Leading, supervising and managing a team;
- Ensuring appropriate training and development of staff; and
- Maintaining and developing community networks.
- Qualification in business management or appropriate skills, knowledge and experience in a similar field;
- Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- Understanding of linguistic minority communities, specifically Auslan;
- Competent financial management skills;
- Some Auslan skills would be desirable.
- Able to support and work with people with diverse backgrounds, value systems and cultural differences;
- Committed to work flexibly, across programs, should the need arise;
- Willing to work out of hours including on call, evenings & weekends if required;
- Current South Australian Drivers License required;
- Access to own vehicle with appropriate insurance when fleet vehicles are not available;
- Current and appropriate DHS workers clearance check.
- The ability to provide Auslan/English interpreting support (if appropriately qualified) would be advantageous but is not essential.
Total remuneration package:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you are able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000 per annum. Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire.
Other benefits include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas.
At Can:Do we strive together to build inclusive communities and give people the skills to live a life without limits.
Be it through speech or sign, touch or technology, we will support every person who is Deaf, blind, hard of hearing, has low vision or other sensory needs to be the best they can be.
Applications close Friday 18th October 2019.
For more information on our services please visit www.candogroup.com.au