- Family-friendly employer
- Supportive team environment
- Attractive salary packaging options
Can:Do Group encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society. The Group also incorporates an Audiology business, Can:Do Hearing whose profits directly contribute to Can:Do 4Kids and Deaf Can:Do services.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing and vision impairments in South Australia.
We are currently seeking a qualified Psychologist, experienced in providing high level psychology services to children and families within a multi-disciplinary team. The position is responsible for providing individualised services across a range of settings with individuals with a sensory impairment and/or other developmental disabilities.
The right candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
Experience in the following areas:
- Experience in working with children who have sensory impairment and their families;
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Understanding of best practice principles when working with children with disability and their families;
- Working within the NDIS landscape.
- Able to provide evidence of ongoing professional development by keeping abreast of current literature and research and attending relevant conferences and/or workshops;
- Knowledge of blindness/visual impairments and deafness/hearing impairments;
- National and State Disability Services Act, Disability Discrimination Act, and any other relevant legislation and its implications for service provision;
- Some Auslan skills would be desirable but not essential.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (degree minimum)
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Psychologist
- Current full membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- Eligible for Medicare Provider status
- Must be prepared to work flexibly across programs should the need arise
- Must be willing to work out of hours including evenings & weekends as required
- Current South Australian Drivers Licence required
- Access to own vehicle with appropriate insurance when Can:Do 4Kids vehicles are not available
- Must hold appropriate worker screening check
- Must be prepared to undertake any compulsory training
The position will be based at our Welland location but may also be required to work from our other locations.
Total remuneration package:-
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you are able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000 per annum. Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire.
Other benefits include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas.
Applications close 1st November 2019. A position description is attached.
At Can:Do we strive together to build inclusive communities and give people the skills to live a life without limits.
Be it through speech or sign, touch or technology, we will support every person who is Deaf, blind, hard of hearing, has low vision or other sensory needs to be the best they can be.
For more information on our services please visit www.candogroup.com.au