- Attractive salary packaging options.
- Dynamic working environment within an enthusiastic and supportive team.
- Varied and interesting role.
Can:Do Group encompasses South Australia's two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society, as well as Can:Do Hearing, an audiology business whose profits directly contribute to our services in the community.
With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing, vision and sensory impairments in South Australia - and each year we touch the lives of over 20,000 people.
In response to a high demand for service, we are now seeking an additional Service Support Coordinator to join our growing team. This is a varied and challenging role, providing support to the wider team across a broad range of responsibilities and requiring someone who is able to think on their feet and adapt to changing priorities.
As a highly skilled administrator, the Service Support Coordinator will:
- Lead client engagement processes and activities
- Coordinate administration functions across the team
- Work on a range of systems and ensure the integrity of data
- Liaise with external stakeholders including funding bodies
- Analyse data and generate reports
- Participate in project activities
The successful candidate will have a 'Can:Do' attitude with qualities that include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed, highly organised and work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team and motivate team members
- Flexibility and creativity
- Support and work with people with diverse backgrounds, value systems, cultural differences and special needs
- Auslan skills are highly desirable
- Able to work out of hours, including evenings and weekends where required;
- Must be prepared to work flexibly across programs and teams when the need arises;
- Must be prepared to travel interstate;
- Current and satisfactory Child Related Employment Screening.
The position will be based at our Welland location but may also be required to work from our other locations.
Total remuneration package:-
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you are able to enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary. Further salary packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire. Other benefits include up to 2 days of extra leave per annum, (pro-rated) at Christmas.
At Can:Do we strive together to build inclusive communities and give people the skills to live a life without limits.
Be it through speech or sign, touch or technology, we will support every person who is Deaf, blind, hard of hearing, has low vision or other sensory needs to be the best they can be.
Applications close Friday 25th October 2019.
(A position description is attached)