- Family-friendly employer
- Supportive team environment
- Attractive salary packaging options
Can:Do Group encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society. With over 140 years of experience, we are the leading experts in specialist services for people with hearing and vision impairments in South Australia.
We are currently seeking an appropriately experienced Auslan Instructor to join our Deaf Can:Do division to support our clients’ Auslan learning goals. This role will be based at our Welland office but may be required to work at other locations with travel to various locations expected.
This role will primarily focus on delivering high quality Auslan tuition to our families and will have the opportunity to support public Auslan classes, e.g. Talking Hands.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have proven experience in Auslan teaching;
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
- Have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and working under pressure (i.e. have excellent time management skills);
- Have a high level of attention to detail and be super organised;
- Be process-driven and committed to finding ways of improving learning strategies;
- Be responsive to the changing needs of the team, office and business, and to any issues that arise;
- Be self-directed and capable of working under pressure;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Support and work with people with diverse backgrounds, value systems, cultural differences and special needs; and
- Demonstrate honesty, flexibility, integrity and reliability.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Sound knowledge of Auslan linguistics, Deaf culture, and history;
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- Experience in developing and managing client relationships;
- Awareness of linguistic minority communities, specifically Auslan, and the South Australian Deaf community;
- Moderate to high level of proficiency in MS Office and competent a using broad range of IT and technology; and
- Must be prepared to work flexibly across programs should the need arise, at any location;
- Must be willing to work out of hours including, evenings and weekends as required;
- Current and clear South Australian Driver’s Licence required;
- Access to own vehicle with appropriate insurance when Can:Do Group vehicles are not available;
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia;
- Must have or be prepared to undertake appropriate DHS Worker Screening check; and
- Must be prepared to undertake any compulsory training.
Total remuneration package:-
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to base salary you are able to enjoy generous salary packaging including meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire.
Other benefits include up to 2 days per annum extra leave (pro-rated) at Christmas.
If you are a highly organised and enthusiastic individual then we would like to hear from you.
Applications close Wednesday 25 March, 2020
At Can:Do we strive together to build inclusive communities and give people the skills to live a life without limits.
Be it through speech or sign, touch or technology, we will support every person who is Deaf, blind, hard of hearing, has low vision or other sensory needs to be the best they can be.
For more information on our services please visit www.candogroup.com.au